Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Hole in My Heart

There is a hole in my heart, or at least it feels that way.  Yet, my heart is full. 
It is full of the love that I have for my family, for my father’s generation, for my children’s generation and for my own.  For those who have left us to await their return, and for those who have not yet joined us.
It is full of the love that I have for my friends.  Those from my childhood and those I have found more recently, for my ex-husband and for his sister, for my recently-former lover and for his son. 
It is full of the love that I have for my beloved coven-mates and for those who have left us and for those who have not yet come.
It is full of the love that I have for those cherished people who touch my heart and my life in ways that I long for, and for those who are no longer in my life, and for those who I have not yet met.
It is full of wonder for the beauty of the world in which I live, both seen and unseen.   And for the joy of sharing it with loved ones of other natures, both seen and unseen.
It is full of gratitude for the pleasures to be found and for the pain of loss and for the ability to experience both. 
I give thanks for the hole in my heart and for those who fill it.
Blessings upon each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment